For the 3rd year in a row, I am heading to a fabulous blogging conference called BlogHer! This year, the conference is in New York City, and I left this AM to join over 4,500 fellow bloggers for a conference of fellowship, learning, making connections, and partying (blogger-style, not to be confused with college-style!).
Every year, I promise myself that I’m going to “take it easy”, attend a few events, mingle a bit, and connect with my favorite brands at the Expo. And every year, I end up with a schedule jam-packed with non-stop special events, parties, brand sponsored get-togethers, and meetings with friends, brands, and businesses! This year is no exception … although I may need to skip some Expo Hall time in favor of a nap since I am 6 months pregnant
To give you an idea of what I’ll be up to, here are just a few of the special events that I’m most excited to attend – and will be sure to tell you about (via Twitter & Facebook) while I’m there & afterward …
- Hallmark Holiday Product Preview – I’ll have a chance to see Hallmark’s showcase of innovative holiday products and gifts that are designed to help families embrace the best part of the season — spending time and creating lasting memories with loved ones.
- Big Toy Book‘s Sweet Suite – I’ll get to view first-hand and test out several of this year’s hottest toys from everyone’s favorite brands!
- Social Soiree – last year, I helped plan & coordinate this party. This year, I’m excited to attend as a guest and see all of the hard work that my fellow frugalista friends put into the event! Should be a great opportunity to connect with brands and friends!
- Hasbro Party – I’ll be hanging out with everyone’s favorite Hasbro characters who will become larger-than-life! I’m hoping to preview some of this year’s hottest new toys and games from Hasbro, too!
- Brands, Bloggers, & Breakfast – coordinated by a great blogging friend and one of my favorite companies, Groupon, I’ll be dining with friends from both the blogging and business side of my world!
- Glamorous Luncheon – I’ll be treated to a delicious lunch and some fabulous fashion/beauty tips and products!
- Disney’s The Odd Life of timothy Green – Disney has decided to hold a special screening of their latest movie for some attendees of BlogHer! I’m excited to take in a movie with my blogging friends after a few crazy days! You can catch the movie starting August 15th in a theater near you!
I will be home, exhausted but hopefully smarter and better connected, on Sunday! I have tons of awesome posts scheduled while I’m gone, so no worries on your end – things won’t be much different while I’m chasing events in NYC!
Be sure to follow @savings_steward on Twitter where I’ll be keeping you up to date on where I am, what I’m doing, and trying to include you in all the fun!