This past Christmas Chris & I decided that what we wanted more than anything in the whole world (almost) was a Krups Panini Grill. After much fuss over the “impracticality” and lack of “usefulness” from my mom, she caved and bought us the much-wanted gift!! Over the past few months, the Panini Maker has become our most-used kitchen appliance!! We use it daily (often for every meal). The versatility of this grill, easy washability, and speedy cooking time make it the obvious option for heating all of our favorites.
Being pregnant & therefore not being able to eat cold lunch meat or soft cheeses without heating them thoroughly, our panini grill has single-handedly kept me from starving!! Suddenly my dietary restrictions aren’t so cumbersome and I actually enjoy heated meats & cheeses!
Through the course of our adventurous Panini-making endeavors, we’ve even stumbled upon some never-before-thought-of and now can’t-live-without recipes!
So, with all of that said, below is my 10 point case as to why you should save up the money and invest in a Panini Grill!!
1. Turkey Avocado Panini – Build your favorite turkey sandwich (condiment, meat, cheese) between 2 pieces of bread & toss it on the panini grill for a few minutes. Once it is hot & crisp, open it up & place a few fresh slices of avocado on it!
2. Veggie & Hummus Grilled Pizza – rather than using the outdoor grill to toast your pizza dough, toss it on the panini grill for a few minutes. Cooks much faster, more evenly, thinly, and is a great way to reheat the dough for leftovers!
3. Chicken Caprese Panini – use leftover grilled chicken to make a mouth-watering lunch! Slice your chicken, top with sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and grill between 2 slices of bread! Oh my – so good! We came up with this by using leftovers from a recipe we found from Add A Pinch.
4. Bruschetta – toast your bread on the panini grill & then assemble per recipe instructions!
5. Turkey & Brie Panini – turkey breast, spicy mustard, slices of Brie cheese, and 2 slices of your favorite bread (mine is sourdough). VOILA! You have a Paris-worthy sandwich is moments!
6. Tortillas – get restaurant quality grilled tortillas for fajitas, tacos, burritos, and so much more in just seconds! Throw your tortilla on the panini grill, close, wait 10 seconds, and repeat with the next one. You can have the whole bag toasted in less than a minute!
7. Chicken Marsala Panini – Leftovers become oh-my-goodness delicious lunch entrees with a panini grill!! We’ve done this with Chicken Marsala – slice the chicken breast & top with some marsala sauce between 2 slices of bread & grill. Also we’ve done a Chicken Parmesan Panini – slice leftover breaded chicken, top with fresh mozzarella cheese & basil between 2 slices of bread & grill. Once toasty, open & drizzle with pasta sauce or just dip the sandwich as you go.
8. Strawberry Shortcake Panini – this inspiration came from FoodNetwork.com. Just cut a croissant in half, spread 1/2 with Marshmallow Fluff, layer with sliced, fresh strawberries, scatter with chocolate chips, and toss on the panini grill for a few seconds! Trust me, this dessert is addictive (very, very addictive).
9. Hot Dogs, Franks, & Sausages – you no longer have to fire up the grill in order to have well cooked, crisp, and grilled sausages!! We use our panini grill to heat up breakfast sausage most often – keeps one less pan on the stove & only takes a few minutes to have it perfectly cooked all around!
10. Eggs Benedict – (recipe coming soon) Toast your English muffins, bagels, or bread on the panini grill rather than in the oven, on the stove, or in the toaster!
You can pick up the Krups Panini Grill that we have for just $67.41 + Free Shipping from Amazon. We did a lot of research before deciding on this brand and model, and still feel it was the best option on the market!
Do you have a favorite Panini Recipe?! I’d love to hear it, so tell me in the comments!